Aloha, e komo mai (welcome, come in)! If you’re like a lot of parents, your schedule is packed. Are you feeling overwhelmed, like you don’t have time for what’s important to you, and that your life is controlling you instead of you controlling it?
There’s too much to do and not enough time to do it. You aren’t alone in feeling that way. You’re doing a lot of stuff every day, but are you focusing on the right things?
Let’s Learn Together
The Aloha Dad is a place for me to share my journey as a busy parent. My goal is to minimize the time spent doing “adult” things to have more time making memories. Cooking, cleaning, and maintaining the house still needs to get done, but I’m looking for the most efficient way to do it.
This site is intended as a quick reference for our ʻohana and others like ours. Busy parents in their 30s-40s that want to make the most of the time with their families.
Some of the main topics I’ll be writing about include:
- Recipes & Cooking. One of the biggest categories. I’ll be writing about everything from weekly meal planning and meal prep to some of our favorite recipes we come across, like our Hawaiian-Style Loco Moco.
- Living Aloha. Ways you can make the world a better place for yourself and those around you.
- Productivity & Time-Management. What works best for me with the best ways of being productive and the tools I use to manage my time.
- Cleaning & Organization. Tips and ideas for cleaning schedules and ways to organize in and around the house.
- Health & Fitness. Healthy living ideas, fitness and running tips, and my fitness routine.
- Travel & Activities. There are a lot of activities we enjoy as a family and we’ll be sharing some ideas for you.
- Finances & Frugal Living. Tips and tricks we find along the way to save money. For example, we make our own foaming hand soap.
God is my top priority with family a close second. I work as a full-time firefighter, volunteer for our local fire department, serve as an Electronics Technician in the United States Navy Reserve, am starting a new workout routine, love being outdoors, and have fun with WordPress and coding.
Read more about our family and me.
Get in Touch
What is one thing you’re struggling with in your life? Are you tired of figuring out what to cook every night for supper, how to accomplish your list of never-ending tasks around the home, or are you just too busy to do the things you love? I’d love for you to share your story!