What to Expect
Although there are a few things that will be added in the future, the main content of The Aloha Dad will revolve around recipes, cooking, and Hawaiʻi.
- Recipes & Cooking. Everything from weekly meal planning and meal prep to some tips and shortcuts to some of our favorite recipes, like our Hawaiian-Style Loco Moco. Also, don’t expect to see a full essay before each post.
- Build a library of recipes our family loves in a centralized location.
- Make it easier for my kids to find recipes. I have the kids each pick out one recipe every week. They become the “head chef” and everyone else is their assistants, as needed.
- Not make this about money or keeping people on the page longer to make it look more appealing to Google and other search engines. I know you’ve seen the websites that have written long stories before every recipe. Some of those website owners may truly enjoy it. But I used to work in IT. The real reason they do that is the longer someone is on your site, the better it is for your search analytics, like Google. Do you read all those? I can honestly say I haven’t read a single one. You will not find stories with our recipes. Our goal is to save us (and you) time by just sharing what we need and not all the extra fluff. Sorry if you enjoy that stuff but you’ll have to look elsewhere!
- Build a library of meal plans, either broken down by week or month that we can rotate in and out. These can also be seasonal.
- Save time and money by meal planning and preparing.
- Hawaiʻi. If you know me, you know I’ve very passionate about Hawaiʻi. I had created a Hawaiʻi website back in college. The site isn’t online right now, but I still have the files and plan to add some of that along with some new content. So far there are some quotes and I’m working on a growing list of Hawaiian-style recipes.
- Blog. This is everything that doesn’t fit into another category that I want to write about.
Want to share some of your favorite recipes or talk about your goals? I’d love to hear from you!
IHOP Pancakes Copycat Recipe Griddle, Optional 1-1/4 cups flour1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon baking powder1 egg (beaten)1-1/4 cups milk2 tablespoons butter (melted)1/4 cup sugar1…
Homemade Waffles Waffle Iron 2 cups all-purpose flour2 tablespoons sugar1 tablespoon baking powder1 teaspoon salt2 eggs (large)1-1/2 cups milk2/3 cup butter (unsalted, melted)1 teaspoon…
A quick and easy Banana Nut Bread recipe that the whole family loves.