Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cola such as Coke or Pepsi
- 1/2 teaspoons mace
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 5 pounds
- In a medium bowl, mix the first six ingredients; set aside 1-1/3 cups for grilling.
- Evenly divide the chicken and remaining marinade between two large plastic bags.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Remove chicken from bags and discard marinade.
- Prior to starting the grill, lightly coat the racks with cooking oil.
- Grill chicken covered, over medium heat, for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink.
- Baste occasionally with remaining marinade during the last 5 minutes.
Original recipe: Taste of Home’s Grilled Huli Huli Chicken Recipe.