Hawaiian Bread Recipe
- 1 cup margarine softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana approximately 1 large banana
- 1 15 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 8″x4″ loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs, banana, and pineapple.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Fold in coconut and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Original recipe: AllRecipe’s Hawaiian Bread III This bread is so moist and delicious! Now if only I were in Hawai’i and able to use all fresh ingredients!