How to Brown Ground Beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- Place the ground beef in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, break up the meat into equal-size pieces to ensure it cooks evenly.
- The beef should be take around 7 to 10 minutes to cook. You can tell it is ready when the meat is all brown and you cannot see any pink.
- Be careful in this step, as the fat is very hot! Using the spoon or spatula, carefully scoop the meat out of the skillet and on to a paper-towel-lined plate - I typically use two paper towels.
- Once the fat has drained off, the beef is ready to be used.