Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
- 7 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 Medium onion finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1-1/2 Cup Milk
- Course Salt
- Ground Pepper
- 1 lb. Coarsely chopped cooked lobster
- 4-1/2 Cups mixed grated cheeses such as Cheddar, Swiss, or Parmesean
- 1 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat over to 400.
- Cook macaroni about 1 minute less than the directions call for. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Remove 3 tablespoons of melted butter to a bowl; set aside. Add onion and garlic; cook until browned. Add flour; cook 1 minute while stirring. Add heavy cream and milk; whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cook until sauce has thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove from heat. Fold in cheese, lobster, and macaroni. Place in shallow 4-quart baking dish. To bowl of butter, stir in breadcrumbs; sprinkle over macaroni. Bake uncovered until topping is golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply