Mascarpone Cheese Substitute
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- Mix all ingredients together. Do not substitute low-fat cream cheese or sour cream.
- Store-bought mascaropone cheese can be pretty expensive, but this is a much cheaper alternative. Due to the price of mascarpone cheese, I've never actually tried it; I always use this substitute. I can tell you though, I've had no complaints about the dishes I've used this in - particularly tiramisu! Enjoy!