Microwave Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar divided
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper optional
- Cut squash in half, cutting the same direction as the grooves.
- Scoop out seeds and discard – or dry them out and plant them next year. Place squash cut-side down on a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave for 10-12 minutes until tender.Microwave Acorn Squash
- Flip squash over, so it is cut-side up. Place 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the center of each half; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.