- 1 pound noodles
- food coloring
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine 2 tablespoons water and 10-15 drops of food coloring in a zip-lock bag; repeat for each additional color you want to use.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Evenly divide the pasta between the food coloring bags you created and seal them.
- Being careful not to squash it, massage the pasta and food coloring around in the bag until completely coated.
- Let the bags sit 2-3 minutes so the color has a chance to absorb.
- One bag at a time, dump the pasta back into the strainer and rinse with cold water to remove extra coloring.
- Transfer the pasta back to the original pot; repeat with remaining colors.
- Serve the pasta with butter or use it in any recipe that calls for pasta.
- This is simple to do, but very fun for kids!
- Original recipe: tablespoon's Rainbow Pasta.
Leave a Reply