Sloppy Joe Cornbread Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can 15 ounce Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 pkg 8.5 ounce corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 8 or 9-inch square baking dish or 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat, crumbling it as you cook it.
- Stir in sloppy joe sauce; heat thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- While you are browning the ground beef, add corn muffin mix, milk, butter, and egg in a medium bowl; stir until combined.
- Spread corn muffin mix over beef mixture; cornbread may not cover the meat completely.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown, and a toothpick stuck in the corn muffin comes out clean.
Original Recipe: Sloppy Joe Cornbread Bake