Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese I used cottage cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheese divided (I used fiesta blend and cheddar)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare cheese mixture. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1 cup shredded cheese, egg, pepper, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and add into cheese mixture. Stir until pasta is coated and the cheese is melted.
- Stir in sauce.
- Add olive oil to a 12-inch iron skillet or an oven proof skillet and pour in the spaghetti mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining shredded cheese.
- Leave dish uncovered and return to the oven. Bake until the cheese has melted, or about 10 minutes.
- I doubled the recipe and was able to fill 3 metal pie pans with the mixture.
- Original Recipe: Lady Behind the Curtain’s Spaghetti Pie.