The first few weeks will contain all the details and links. After that, I may summarize the content in the post and share the full details with my mailing list.
Inspirational Quote of the Week
Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.Jack Canfield
Recipes & Cooking
- Decided not to use all of Stockpiling Moms’ 15 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in 90 Minutes. It would be nice to have the list created for me, but that’s a lot of food at once if we don’t like it. I’ve revised the plan and will mostly use recipes we’ve made in the past and know we like, with a couple from Stockpiling Moms thrown in the mix.
- Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
- This is my favorite food of all time and I’ve been making it for close to 20 years so I don’t do measurements. Will work on doing that this time and getting the recipe in writing.
- French Toast Sticks
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Copycat KFC Famous Bowls Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tuna Casserole Recipe
- Pepperoni Puffs Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Meatballs Recipe, from Stockpiling Moms
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken Freezer Meal Recipe, from Stockpiling Moms
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipe, from Sidetracked Sarah
- Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
Health & Fitness
- Ran 9.1 miles.
- Started training for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Findlay, OH on X. A lot of times I’ll run that at a slower pace or am used to running longer distances at a slower pace. It’s time to start conditioning my body for shorter distances at a faster pace.
- Last year I had a chip time of 23:47.34.
- This week I ran 3.11 miles on the treadmill, which is nowhere near the same as running outside, in 20:56. I need to run a 5k outside for a better comparison, but at least that tells me I’m moving in the right direction.
- Continuing to plan my workout routine. I’m getting close now, I just need to work out the details of getting a couple more pieces of equipment for the Fire Rescue Fitness (FRF) portion.
- Started using Michael Hyatt’s Full Focus Planner (FFP).
- Started listening to Michael Hyatt’s Free to Focus book on Audible.
- Continuing to tweak my Trello To-Do list.
- Went to Lake Erie for our first time this summer but it won’t be our last. We usually go to East Harbor State Park in Lakeside-Marblehead, Ohio. The kids and I absolutely love going here. The water is shallow quite a ways out, so even O can walk out pretty far.
- Went swimming at my mom’s pond a few times. We absolutely love going to the lake, but it’s a good 90-minute drive. The pond is 10 minutes from our house, so we go there quite a bit more often.
- We got started on the playhouse project, but not in a way you may think. There will be a number of steps in this project that aren’t actually working on the playhouse itself but rather steps leading up to it. This week we cleaned out the garage and now have a place to work on the playhouse. O knew why we were cleaning and volunteered to help. She’s usually a big helped, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen her so excited to clean, with the end goal in mind.
- Post Published This Week:
- Scheduled Post:
- July 9: My Kids and I Conquered Our First Tough Mudder on Father’s Day.
- Posts I’m working on: Planning my perfect workout routine, our first meal prep experience, how to plan the perfect picnic
Aloha, a hui hou (until we meet again)
Let me know if you have any questions or comments about anything I shared this week. What was most helpful for you? Let me know on The Aloha Dad Facebook page.
That’s all for now. Aloha, a hui hou and have a wonderful week!