Inspirational Quote of the Week
Life is short. Focus on what really matters most; you should change your priorities over time.Roy T. Bennett
- Changing my weekly review to a monthly review to allow more time for recipes and other posts.
- Shifting most of the detailed content to an email newsletter after September.
Health & Fitness
- Ran ~12-13 miles (logged 11.2 miles).
- I missed logging a few miles during the last couple of weeks because the runs were interrupted by calls at work.
- Finally finishing up the details for my Fire Rescue Fitness (FRF) workout plan. The goal is to start on August 1st. I think I got the last of the equipment I need, with the addition of a medicine ball this last week.
- Turned off social media notifications and plan to set time for social media. I don’t check social media much anyway, but this just keeps my phone from offering more distractions. Unlike most people, I would actually like to spend a little more time here to keep in touch with people better.
- Made one more change to Trello. Changed the organization from using topics (such as work, projects, money, or fitness) as my labels to whether they are urgent and/or important. I now only have three labels: Important & Urgent Important but Not Urgent, and Urgent but Not Important. Items that are not urgent and not important will not be added to my to-do list.
Cleaning & Organization
- Started cleaning up my ceramic molds. I used to have a small ceramic business right after high school and I easily have 1000+ ceramic molds. I really enjoy doing ceramics but it takes up a lot of time and space. As I focus on my priorities, there isn’t enough time for everything. I’m going through all the molds, keeping my favorites, and getting rid of the rest.
Activities & Travel
- Booked our Torch Lake vacation! This will be our first “real” vacation outside of Hocking Hills in a long time.
- O finished up swim lessons and we got her scheduled for fall soccer. She was disappointed she had to wait until fall, but I’m glad to see she’s so excited!
- C spent a week at Boy Scout camp. We got to visit them at camp the last night before they came home. He was having a lot of fun and doing some pretty nifty things.
- We usually go swimming at the pond, but I took the kids to Bluffton Pool a couple of times the past two weeks and we had a blast.
- Started working on an editorial calendar to organize how I want things to flow.
- Posts I’m working on: Macaroni & Cheese recipe, Planning my perfect workout routine, our first meal prep experience, how to plan the perfect picnic
Aloha, a hui hou (until we meet again)
That’s all for now. Aloha, a hui hou and have a wonderful week!